Text to Apply: 406-298-4763 using code labassist
**Sign On Bonus Available**
Join our I CARE team at Sidney Health Center for the competitive wages, benefit package, ability to obtain a wide variety of experience, family-like atmosphere and great work life balance. Sidney Health Center is proud to be among a select few organizations who have been named a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital and named a Five Star Hospital and Nursing Home.
Our pride shows!
Sidney Health Center is a not-for-profit community based medical center that has been serving people in the MonDak region for more than 100 years. Our passion for caring is shared by doctors, nurses and over 500 employees and volunteers. This commitment to caring is our allegiance to the community as we strive to provide "Exceptional Care for Life" while offering many services that are rarely found in like-size communities. From state-of-the-art imaging services to cancer care to a locally owned air ambulance service, Sidney Health Center combines the modern medical amenities with a small-town agriculture-based community.
The Position: Laboratory Assistant
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours per two-week pay-period: 80 hours
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains inventory control in the areas of assignment.
- Draws blood specimens and uses proper handling of specimens following the laboratory protocol. Collects UDS samples following policy and procedures.
- Properly uses the computer system(s) as it relates to ordering tests.
- Performs all tasks to the specification of the laboratory administration.
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- Previous Lab experience required.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Must possess or is eligible for phlebotomy certification, CMA, or equivalent, or obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Prefer individual possess or is eligible for certification for urine drug screen collections.
Sidney Health Center is seeking a Laboratory Assistant to join our I CARE team in the Laboratory setting. Essential duties of the position include drawing blood specimens using proper handling, following lab protocol, using computer systems (EPIC) to order and process tests, and all other duties as assigned by laboratory personnel. If you enjoy serving others through purposeful work, Sidney Health Center is the place for you. The Laboratory team is critical in the early detection, diagnosis, and treatment of disease in patients. As a major employer in Richland County, Sidney Health Center offers competitive wages and a benefit package that support a great work-life balance.
Sidney Health Center (SHC) is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. All persons of either sex, of all races, nationalities and religions, disabled or nondisabled, veteran or non, of all ages, as authorized by law, are encouraged to apply for any position at SHC for which they consider themselves qualified according to the position announcement.