Join our I CARE team at Sidney Health Center for the competitive wages, benefit package, ability to obtain a wide variety of experience, family-like atmosphere, and great work life balance. Sidney Health Center is proud to be among a select few organizations who have been named a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital and named a Five Star Hospital and Nursing Home.
Our pride shows!
Sidney Health Center is a not-for-profit community based medical center that has been serving people in the MonDak region for more than 100 years. Our passion for caring is shared by doctors, nurses and over 500 employees and volunteers. This commitment to caring is our allegiance to the community as we strive to provide ?Exceptional Care for Life? while offering many services that are rarely found in like-size communities. From state-of-the-art imaging services to cancer care to a locally-owned air ambulance service, Sidney Health Center combines the modern medical amenities with a small-town agriculture-based community.
The Position: Pharmacy Technician-In-Training
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per two-week pay-period: Up to an average of 56 hours per 2 week pay period over the course of 1-year employment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Under the supervision of a registered pharmacist licensed in the state of Montana the pharmacy technician-in-training will perform all functions of a registered pharmacy technician up to and including completing a technician-in-training course approved by the Board of Pharmacy and pass a National Licensure Examination
- Answering phone calls, data entry of prescriptions, filling prescriptions with the appropriate medications
- Refilling hospital Pyxis machines, Unit Inspections, Unit-Dose packaging
- 18 Years of Age and eligible to become licensed as a Pharmacy-Tech-In-Training with the Montana Board of Pharmacy
- Highschool Diploma or GED equivalent
Certifications and Licenses
The pharmacy technician-in-training (Per Diem) will attain national certification and become a registered pharmacy technician in the State of Montana within a 12-month time frame. The pharmacy technician-in-training will perform all functions of a pharmacy technician under the supervision of an active licensed Montana Pharmacist in good standing with the Board of Pharmacy.
Sidney Health Center (SHC) is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. All persons of either sex, of all races, nationalities, and religions, disabled or nondisabled, veteran or non, of all ages, as authorized by law, are encouraged to apply for any position at SHC for which they consider themselves qualified according to the position announcement.